Evening of recollection for young people



One of my young parishioners who is on vacation from medical school emailed me a week ago to ask if we could put on an evening of recollection for young people. So the answer to that is "Yes." It was a very simple formula. I gave a short spiritual talk, we had Rosary and Benediction, then showed "Fishers of Men" in the hall, followed by an open session when the young people could ask any questions they wanted. I find that the question and answer session is always successful. Young people really want to be given answers about their faith and it is a great opportunity for catechesis. I have never found such a session dry up - I always have to bring it to an end by inviting one or two "last ones".

The mums provided the other ingredient for a successful evening: lots of pizza.

Popular posts from this blog

1962 Missal pdf online

Beachy Head and Lewes

SPUC Clergy information day

Święcone - blessing of Easter food

When people walk away with Holy Communion